Thursday, December 31, 2015

Throwback Thursday Series - American Given Names, H, I + J

Hello, readers,

We'll continue today with my series on George R Stewart's American Given Names. Let me know which ones you like in the comments!


Also, I'm collecting the best books on names! Tell me in the comments or message me through my blog what your favorite name books are - this could be baby name anthologies, histories about certain names, or books with names as a major plot point, like The Importance of Being Earnest. I'm eager to hear what you like!

Habakkuk - "embracing"

Haggai - "festive"

Hale - "someone who lives in a hollow"

Hezekiah - "God gives strength"

Hopestill - word name

Hopefor - word name

Increase - word name

Ione - "violet flower"

Issachar - "hireling"

Jaazaniah - "May God hear"

Jabez - "borne in pain"

Jael - "mountain goat"

Jair/Jairus - "he shines"

Jehiel - "God lives"

Jehu - "God is he"

Jephthah - "he opens"

Jeroboam - "let the people increase"

Jotham - "God is perfect"

Juba - "born on a Monday"

Juniata - name of a Pennsylvania river, "standing stone"

No comments:

Post a Comment